09 September 2009

Finding a Notible Psychologist

So why am I doing this? First, it's for a class. I've been very hesitant about getting a blog because it reminds me so much of people being so full of themselves and their lives but I realize that the internet is an amazing medium in regard to transmitting information. What I hope to gain is a better insight into critical thinking and also simply taking advantage of things. So, here we go. Tomorrow I will select my notable psychologist. Thus far I am torn between Thomas Szasz and Jean Baker Miller.  Both of whom fascinate me. I think Szasz interests me the most due to the fact that he is a known anti-psychiatrist although it is his progression. The fact that he has so much controversy abound him makes me wonder if what he said is the 'bee's-knees'. But then I think about Jean Baker Miller and I am thrown into my women and gender studies world. She really helped define and influence the psychology of women. Tomorrow will tell. From there, it'll be a fun road of discovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment